Excellence in Surgical Care
WVU Medicine surgeons, combined with our state-of-the-art surgical technologies, provide patients with some of the most advanced medical care available today.
Many of WVU’s general surgeons are specialists in minimally invasive techniques that reduce pain, have less scarring, and shorten recovery time for patients. Advanced imaging systems, specialized instruments, and computer-guided surgical navigation systems help surgeons provide the latest and best in surgical care and the best possible outcomes for patients.
Our surgeons offer procedures for a range of conditions, such as:
- cardiovascular surgery for ischemic, valvular, and congenital heart disease
- pacemaker implants
- plastic and reconstructive surgery
- gastrointestinal surgery
- general pediatric, pediatric urology, and pediatric cardiothoracic surgery
- thoracic surgery
- surgery for injuries that result from trauma
- vascular surgery involving vessels of the head, neck, extremities, and abdominal aorta
- surgical oncology
- urologic disorders