Benefit Highlights

WVU Medicine is committed to supporting the health and wellness of its employees, and offers a comprehensive benefit plan. Here are some highlights:

Medical and Prescription Drug Coverage

Our comprehensive medical and prescription drug program provides options, allowing you to select the plan that best meets your needs. You can select between two medical plan options:

  • Mountaineer HDHP with Health Savings Account – offered through Highmark WV
  • 90 percent Blue PPO Plan – offered through Peak Health

Both medical plan options include a comprehensive prescription drug plan through Highmark WV. To help you achieve optimal health, the plan includes a $0 Copay Healthy Rx generic drug list to encourage members to adhere to preventive medications.

Dental and Vision Coverage

WVU Medicine offers two dental options through United Concordia, with orthodontia coverage for children aged 18 and under in the enhanced option. You select the option that best supports your needs. Davis Vision provides vision benefits, including coverage for eye exams, lenses, frames, or contact lenses.

Flexible Spending Account (FSA)

WVU Medicine offers a Healthcare FSA and a Dependent Care FSA, which give our employees an opportunity to pay for healthcare and dependent care expenses on a pre-tax basis.

Life Insurance Coverage

WVU Medicine offers Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at 1.5 times the employee’s annual base salary to a maximum of $500,000 at no cost for all full- and part-time employees. Supplemental life insurance coverage for the employee, spouse, and children are available on an after-tax basis.

Paid Time Off and Holidays

WVU Medicine offers both full-time and part-time employees a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan to give you time away from work to relax and focus on your well-being. Eligibility in the plan begins immediately, and employees are eligible to use the PTO as soon as it is accrued. Annual PTO accrual is between 18 and 28 days, depending on your years of service and title within the organization. In addition, WVU Medicine offers seven paid holidays, including one floating holiday, which can be used any time throughout the year.

Disability Programs

Short-term disability (STD) and long-term disability (LTD) insurance is offered at no cost to all full-time employees; part-time employees can purchase STD. STD pays 60 percent of the employee’s weekly salary up to 26 weeks, after a 14-day elimination period. LTD pays 50 percent of the employee’s base monthly salary, with an option for employees to elect and pay for an additional 10 percent of coverage for a total of 60 percent.

Retirement Plans

To help you save for your future, WVU Medicine offers employees a 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan through Fidelity Investments. The plan provides both pre-tax contributions and a post-tax Roth option, up to the IRS limits. In addition, employees who participate in the plan receive a 100 percent employer match on employee contributions up to 4.5 percent.

Employee Bonus Program

Each year, WVU Medicine will pay a bonus if the WVU Health System achieves at least a 2 percent operating margin target. The amount each employee receives will depend upon their start date, employment status, and most recent performance review.