A Program for Direct-Care Nurses
The CAPE program is a system-wide clinical advancement program (clinical ladder) to enhance professional development, provide a reward system for quality clinical performance, promote quality nursing, and improve job satisfaction for inpatient direct-care nurses.
To apply for the next level, the CAPE nurse must meet the requirements of their current level. They must also meet the required years of nursing experience, degree, and certification to apply for the next level. In addition, nurses who are approved for levels 3, 4, or 5 must complete and submit five competencies on an annual basis to maintain their current level.
- No experience required
- All new graduates enter at Level 1 with a diploma, ADN, BSN, or higher
- Meets requirements for previous level
- One year of experience
- Meets requirements for previous levels
- Four years of experience, plus one specialty certification
- Available to those with a BSN or higher
- Eight years of experience, plus one specialty certification
- Available to those with an MSN or higher
- Ten years of experience, plus one specialty certification