Did you know that suffering from obesity is usually much more than a lack of will-power? Complex physical and mental factors contribute to our weight and eating habits.
The Medical Weight Management Clinic at the WVU Medicine Medical and Surgical Weight-Loss Center provides a non-surgical, weight management program that provides each patient with a team of highly trained healthcare professionals who specialize in safe and healthy weight management. We can create an individualized nutrition and daily living plan that you will be able to maintain for life.
Our team will assess your medical history, eating and activity habits, sleep patterns and stress level, and perform comprehensive medical evaluations to help identify any barriers to weight management that you may face.
During the program, you will learn personal lifestyle skills, such as self-monitoring of food intake, movement, sleep, and stress. We help you find what works for you, and make adjustments to achieve your weight management goals. Every person’s weight management journey is different, so this program is individualized to help you achieve the results you’ve been looking for. Your success is important to us, and you can remain in our program as long as you need our support.
The Medical Weight Management Clinic is open to adults of all fitness levels and various states of health. Our program has four areas of focus, including:
- Nutrition counseling and individualized healthy eating plans
- Medical nutrition therapy (interventions for specific medical conditions)
- Meal replacement option with Fresh Steps Meal Replacement Program
- Individualized physical activity programs
- Exercise monitoring
- Fitness and metabolic testing in partnership with the WVU Human Performance Lab
- Goal setting
- Strategies to help turn goals into permanent habits
- Medical and psychological evaluation to help promote safe and healthy weight management
- Addressing medical conditions, like diabetes, that may affect weight
- Optimizing medications
What’s the first step?
Attend a free, no obligation orientation session from 5 – 7 pm in the John Jones Conference Room (ground floor of the WVU Health Sciences Center). You may bring one guest to the session if you’d like. Call us at 304-598-4890 to register for the next orientation session.
2020 orientation session dates:
- July 7
- August 5
- September 1
- October 7
- November 3
- December 2
Physician Office Center
1 Medical Center Drive
Morgantown, WV 26506