During your initial visit, your plastic surgeon will assess your physical condition and ask what you hope to achieve by having cosmetic surgery, as well as your expectations about the desired results.
We also need to know your medical history including:
- Medical conditions that might cause complications during or after surgery
- High blood pressure
- Blood clotting issues
- If you are taking medications or herbal supplements
- If you smoke (If you are a smoker, you will need to quit one to two weeks before and after your surgery.)
If you will be having surgery, we will provide guidelines for you to prepare for the procedure.
Your decision to have cosmetic surgery is personal, and we want to guide you in making an informed decision. Below is a list of questions you may want to ask. Bring these, as well as any other questions to first your consultation.
- How long will the process take, from start to finish?
- What are my options for anesthesia?
- Will I need to stay in the hospital over night?
- What can I expect right after the procedure?
- How much pain will I have following the procedure?
- When can I resume normal activities?
- When can I go back to work?
- When can I start exercising again?
- What are the possible side effects associated with this procedure?
- How long will it take to notice full effects?
- Will this procedure inhibit any future activities?