For patients with heart disease, vital help in getting back to the lifestyle you once enjoyed comes from the experts in Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Patients in our program include those who have had surgery or other procedures, and those who have been diagnosed with a cardiovascular condition but have not had a surgical or interventional procedure.
In either case, Cardiac Rehabilitation uses education, nutrition counseling, and carefully supervised exercise to assist our patients in returning to productive and enjoyable lives.
Who Can Participate
Cardiac Rehabilitation at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Buckhannon is designed for the following patients:
- Recovering from a heart attack
- Recovering from coronary bypass or valve replacement surgery
- Following interventional cardiac procedures such as angioplasty and stent placement
- Experiencing stable chest pain
- At high risk of heart disease
- Diagnosed with cardiomyopathy or congestive heart failure
How Can Cardiac Rehabilitation Help?
Studies show that Cardiac Rehabilitation programs offer substantial benefits to people with heart disease. Many of our patients experience the following:
- Faster recovery
- Increased exercise endurance
- Decreased blood pressure and heart rate
- Improved cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Reduced body fat, improved muscle tone
- Enhanced knowledge of heart disease
- Increased energy and zest for living
For more information on how the program works, and the various phases, click here.