WVU Medicine’s gynecologists and advanced practice professionals provide comprehensive services to women of all ages in our region. We are committed to excellence in preventing and/or managing routine obstetrical care, treatment for gynecologic disorders, preventive health maintenance, and specialty gynecological services.
WVU’s physicians, advanced practice professionals, and certified nurse midwives are specialists in women’s health. Our patients benefit from the latest innovative advances in obstetric and gynecologic care.
We provide services in multiple locations, including Morgantown, Fairmont, Bridgeport, Buckhannon, Gassaway, Uniontown, Pa., and Waynesburg, Pa.
Services we provide:
- Routine gynecological care for ages 12 and up (for girls who have started their menstrual cycles)
- Preventive health maintenance
- Menopausal care
- Treatment for gynecologic disorders
- Contraception and family planning
- Sexual dysfunction evaluation and care
Specialized pediatric gynecological care is also available for girls and young women of all ages, including treatment for:
- Menstrual disorders
- Congenital malformations
- Developmental abnormalities occurring in puberty
- Pediatric vulvovaginitis
- Pelvic pain
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Contraception-related issues
The MonaLisa Touch® is an innovative, therapeutic laser procedure for women experiencing changes to their gynecological health due to a variety of factors, including declining ovarian function and its accompanying natural hormonal shifts. These patients include women who:
- are approaching menopause (perimenopausal)
- are in menopause
- have experienced a decrease in estrogen due to chemotherapy or removal of ovaries
- have a dermatological condition affecting the skin of the vulva, including variations in skin thickness
- are not candidates for vaginal hormonal therapy
- have urinary urgency
- experience sexual pain
How it works
This simple and safe procedure uses carbon dioxide laser energy to rejuvenate vaginal tissue, revitalizing the cells lining the vagina. This encourages the cells to make more collagen, an essential ingredient in vaginal cell health.
While the procedure is performed in an outpatient office environment, without the need for anesthesia and with minimal pain or side effects, it requires the highly specialized skill and training of a gynecologist.
If you would like to discuss MonaLisa Touch® with a women’s health specialist, schedule an appointment by calling 855-WVU-CARE (855-988-2273).
Click to download the MonaLisa Touch® patient information guide..