Urogynecology is a medical specialty within the field of gynecology that treats disorders of the female pelvic floor.
The pelvic floor includes the muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, and nerves that help support and control the uterus, vagina, bladder, and rectum.
We use a multidisciplinary approach to help women with problems such as:
- urinary and fecal incontinence
- incomplete bladder emptying
- overactive bladder
- recurrent urinary tract infections
- pelvic organ prolapse (fullness or bulging)
- female sexual dysfunction
- pelvic pain (due to endometriosis, interstitial cystitis, chronic pain syndromes)
- transvaginal mesh erosion, eroded slings, surgical complications
- developmental variations requiring corrective surgery
- damage to the pelvic nerves resulting in chronic pelvic pain or other pelvic floor disorders
Our goal is to help you understand your condition, assure that you are fully aware of the available treatment options, and help you select a treatment that matches your comfort level to improve your quality of life.
Your examination is similar to a routine gynecological exam. During your first visit, you will have the chance to discuss your condition and treatment options.
Your consultation will be with our experienced urogynecologist who specializes in treating women with urinary and bowel incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. While you are at the office, you may have diagnostic tests using our state-of-the-art medical technologies.
If you are referred by a physician, we maintain communication with your doctor throughout your evaluation and treatment.