If you’re experiencing new digestive symptoms or a chronic digestive condition, your primary care provider may recommend that you see a WVU Medicine Gastroenterology and Hepatology specialist. Our experts provide diagnosis and treatment for patients with a variety of digestive diseases affecting the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, liver, and pancreas.
Conditions We Treat
We provide the most advanced care, diagnosis, and treatment for many digestive conditions, including:
- Acid reflux disease
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Bile duct cancer
- Bile duct problems
- Cancers of the gastrointestinal tract
- Crohn’s disease
- Colorectal cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver cancer
- Liver disease
- Motility problems of GI tract
- Peptic ulcers
- Ulcerative colitis
Treatments and Services
We are dedicated to providing you with state-of-the-art care for chronic and acute digestive conditions. Our expert providers from several medical specialties use the most advanced diagnostic methods to examine the medical issue you’re facing. With our cutting-edge treatment methods, a digestive diseases specialist may recommend medication, endoscopic surgery, or a combination of treatments, depending on the patient and the disease.
Treatment options may include:
- Banding for enlarged, bleeding veins in the esophagus
- Endoscopic control of gastrointestinal bleeding
- Endoscopic treatment of pre-cancerous GI lesions
- Laser therapy for bleeding lesions
- Laser treatment of GI tumors
- Motility studies
- PEG tube placement
- Removal of polyps from stomach and colon
- Removal of stones from bile and pancreatic ducts
- Stenting of GI tract for tumors
Monday – Friday
8 am – 5 pm
On the map, click on the icon to display all locations.
Click on a location for details.
Once you select a location, click the directions icon. Google maps opens and allows you to enter your address for door-to-door directions.
Click the view larger map icon to open directly to Google maps.