Total Joint Replacement Class
Grant Memorial Hospital requires patients who are scheduled for a total hip or knee replacement to attend a free information and education class to better prepare the patient for their upcoming surgery. This class is offered to answer all the patient’s questions and concerns and to help them feel more comfortable with their hospital stay. A free guide to surgery will be provided.
Total joint replacement classes are held every second and fourth Tuesday at 1 pm at Grant Memorial Hospital. A nurse will contact patients to schedule a class prior to their surgery date.
During this class, patients will meet with the following hospital staff, who will explain various stages of the total joint replacement process:
- Complete pre-op paperwork
- Incisional care
- Pain management
- Review surgery checklists
- Verify insurance coverage
- What to expect prior to, during, and post-surgery
Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy
- Activity expectations following surgery
- Goals for discharge
- Home preparation prior to surgery
- Rehab following discharge
- Rehab protocol following surgery
- Discharge planning from hospital to home
- Follow-up rehab options
- Medical equipment that may be needed
Learn more about joint replacement..