The Fairmont Medical Center, a campus of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, provides high-quality emergency and inpatient care for the residents of Marion County and the surrounding area. We have served the community for more than 80 years since Fairmont General Hospital first opened in 1939.
After the hospital’s former owner closed the Fairmont Regional Medical Center in March 2020, WVU Medicine opened a new campus of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital at the Locust Avenue location renaming it Fairmont Medical Center Center in June 2020.
A multiphase expansion and infrastructure upgrades are currently underway at Fairmont Medical Center. These plans will include:
- Increase inpatient beds to 80
- Add 30 skilled nursing beds
- Renovate operating and procedure rooms
- Add outpatient imaging, laboratory, and infusion services
- Add specialty clinics
- Central energy plant
- Upgrade façade and roofing