Visiting Hours and Policies
Visitors are important to our patients. They provide love, encouragement and support. However, because patients are ill and need healing and rest, visitors are encouraged to adhere to some guidelines. Visitation may be limited by nursing staff or the physician if it is in the best interest of the patient.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, please postpone your visit.
- All visitors must check in at the Information Desk.
- Up to two visitors are permitted per patient between the hours of 10 am – 8 pm. Exceptions will be considered as long as patient care is not interrupted and noise is minimal.
- Children under age 14 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- One visitor per patient is permitted to stay overnight. Overnight visitors must have special identification, which they can get from registration.
- Visitors under age 16 are not permitted in the preparation or recovery areas.
- Visits may be restricted due to various reasons to ensure patient care is the top priority.
- Our healthcare facilities are tobacco-free, including sidewalks and parking lots.
- If visitors wish to be escorted to their car after dark, they may contact the Emergency Department to request assistance from a security officer.
For more information on visitation hours and guidelines, please call 304-455-8000.
The hospital cafeteria is located at the end of the main hallway and is open to visitors and families of our patients. Lunch is served from 11:30 am – 1 pm daily. Vending machines are also available in the cafeteria.
Cell Phone Use
Visitors may use personal mobile devices in all areas of Wetzel County Hospital, unless restricted by specific unit policies. Visitors may photograph the patient and family members; however, taking photographs of other patients, visitors, and staff is strictly prohibited.
Wetzel County Hospital offers a full range of spiritual care support services for patients and family members. Our interfaith chaplains are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week as well as our chapel. Call 304-455-8009 for more information about our chaplaincy program.