Grant Memorial Hospital welcomes visitors. We understand that family and friends provide crucial support and comfort to patients. For the well-being of all our patients, we ask that you observe the following guidelines:
- We allow one visitor to be with the patient for emotional support during the patient’s hospital stay or outpatient visit.
- Visiting hours for acute inpatient rooms and observation patients are 10 am – 8 pm daily.
- Long-term care residents may receive visitors at any time, but staff may restrict visits if medically necessary. Ambulatory patients may also visit with guests in the waiting rooms located on each nursing unit or lobby areas.
- No more than two guests should be in a patient room at one time.
- At the discretion of the registered nurse or physician, an overnight visitor (same gender if semi-private room) may be allowed to stay with the patient. Overnight visitors are not permitted to stay in the waiting rooms or lobby areas.
- Children under the age of 18 are prohibited from staying overnight with the patient. Children under 12 are discouraged from visiting the hospital and must be accompanied by someone over 18 years of age.
In some instances, it is necessary to restrict access to diagnostic and therapeutic procedure areas for health and safety reasons. If staff members decide to restrict visitation, the patient will receive an explanation. When possible, the patient is included in the decision.
Special restrictions apply to visitors in the Mother Infant Care Center (presented to patient upon admission) to allow the patient to rest and new families to bond. Restrictions also apply to the Special Care Unit and are posted. All other visitors are permitted on the nursing units during published visiting hours for that unit.
Grant Memorial Hospital will not restrict general visitation, but at times there may be a clinically reasonable basis to do so. This may include:
- Disruptive, threatening, or violent behavior
- Existing court order restricting contact
- Infection control issues
- Interfering with patient care
- Patient’s need for rest
- Privacy and limiting the number of visitors due to overcrowding
Contact a Patient
To contact a patient who has been admitted to the hospital, call 304-257-1026 and enter the extension for the patient’s room. If you do not know the extension, please follow the prompts to get to the correct patient floor and then the nurses’ desk can transfer your call.
Please note that the patient must ask to have phone calls transferred before a call will be transferred. If the patient has requested to be left off the census, no information for that patient will be released and calls will not be transferred.
We hope to make your visit as comfortable as possible. For your convenience, we offer a variety of amenities for patients, family members, and visitors:
Free parking is available for use by our patients and families. If something happens that causes you to need assistance with your vehicle, please ask Registration to call Environmental Services for you.
Grant Memorial Hospital’s cafeteria is open daily and serves breakfast and lunch.
Cafeteria hours for breakfast are 7:30 – 9 am, while hours for lunch are 11 am – 1 pm. The cafeteria is also open daily from 7 am – 3 pm for beverages and snacks.
Snack machines are located beside the Emergency Room waiting room and in the Dwing Lounge. They are available 24 hours a day.
Cell Phone Use
Visitors may use personal mobile devices in all areas of Grant Memorial Hospital, unless restricted by specific unit policies. Visitors may photograph the patient and family members; however, taking photographs of other patients, visitors, and staff is strictly prohibited.
For the health of our patients, visitors, faculty, and staff, we ask that you please refrain from using tobacco of any form, including e-cigarettes and vapor products, at all Grant Memorial Hospital clinics and facilities, including parking lots.