Caring for Kids – Birth through Adolescence
When you choose WVU Medicine Camden Clark Medical Center, you can feel confident that your child will receive the best care possible. The Pediatric unit provides compassionate, comprehensive inpatient care to children up to 18 years of age. Our expert team of Pediatric doctors and nurses work together to provide exceptional medical care to your child.
Pediatric Unit Features
- Board-Certified Pediatric Hospitalists who are WVU faculty.
- Highly skilled PALS (Pediatric advanced life support) trained nursing staff, who are passionate about caring for children.
- Child-friendly environment with age appropriate games, books, videos, and music. We even have a Nintendo 64 and PlayStation that are available for your child’s enjoyment.
- Secure facility with 24/7 safety monitoring to ensure our patients are safe.
- Family-centered care including accommodations that allow parents to stay at their child’s bed side around the clock.
- Intermediate level care, allowing patients meeting certain criteria to be more closely monitored in our unit without having to be transferred to a different facility.
- Unified electronic medical record which allows specialists from WVU to assist in the management of patients when appropriate.
Pediatric Hospitalists at WVU Medicine CCMC
If your child’s pediatrician is on staff at CCMC, they may continue to provide care for your child while hospitalized. If your child’s pediatrician is not on staff or is unavailable, our pediatric hospitalists will be available to care for your child. Pediatric hospitalists are board certified pediatricians who specialize in the care of hospitalized children. Hospitalists are available in the hospital and can provide care for your child 24/7. Pediatric hospitalists work closely with your primary care physician and specialists to ensure proper care and follow up at discharge.
Getting to Know Pediatric Care at WVU Medicine CCMC
The pediatricians on WVU CCMC’s medical staff provide primary care to children from birth to young adulthood at convenient locations throughout Wood County. With a total commitment to family-oriented care, our pediatric specialists are well equipped to diagnose and treat common everyday illnesses as well as serious childhood diseases and conditions.
This expertise is enhanced by access to a state-of-the-art hospital with leading edge diagnostic and treatment resources. Finding the right pediatrician for your child is an important decision whether it is your first or subsequent child. Pediatricians are experts in your child’s continual growth and development, and are invaluable resources to counsel you on the numerous medical questions and concerns all parents face with their children.
Contact a Pediatrician by using our online feature, Find a Doc.
WVU Medicine CCMC Labor and Delivery
Many children actually start their lives here, too. Moms-to-be in the Mid-Ohio Valley choose us because of our award-winning Labor and Delivery department. For more information, please visit Labor and Delivery.