WVU Medicine’s J. W. Ruby Memorial Hospital is a leader in stroke care and an award winning Joint Commission Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center.
We offer advanced neurosciences treatments for all types of strokes, all of the time.
The Center provides an acute stroke team that is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Emergency Medicine Staff, EMS and HealthNet Aeromedical Services
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Radiology and Neuro-Interventional Radiology
- Inpatient Clinical Labs
- Rehabilitation Services
- Care Management
The Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute is committed to serving all of West Virginia’s stroke needs. We are always expanding our telestroke coverage to meet the needs of the region.
The Stroke Team also has:
- Neurocritical Care and Stroke Units staffed by a multidisciplinary team of registered nurses and therapists who have received extensive stroke education;
- A performance improvement process that uses the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Registry;
- Advanced diagnostic and imaging techniques; and
- Prevention, early intervention, and rehabilitation services provided in the WVU Neurology Clinic for patients who are at risk for stroke or who have had a stroke.
American Heart Association Award
The Stroke Center is a recipient of the American Heart Association Gold Plus Performance Award and Target Stroke Honor Roll, which recognizes healthcare organizations for excellence and offer the best possible outcomes for stroke patients.
Joint Commission Certification
The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Centers represent symbols of quality from their respective organizations.
The WVU Stroke Center offers a stroke support group that provides education to the stroke survivor and care giver about topics relating to stroke. To learn more about the WVU Stroke Center Stroke Support meetings, please call 304-293-1795.