COMPREHENSIVE CRITICAL CARE AND TRAUMA EDUCATION PROGRAM
The Comprehensive Critical Care and Trauma Education Program (CCCTEP Didactics) brings together all critical care residents and medical students for education and training on common skills and topics within the ICU setting. This affords the learners an opportunity to have dedicated time with faculty and other disciplines for open-ended discussions and case presentations.
The program occurs twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursday, during which attending faculty from multiple ICUs and educators from other critical care disciplines deliver lectures.
Medical students and residents (PGY 1 and PGY 2) are required to attend. All other ICU staff are welcome to attend.
Course Resource Documents
Listed below are the resources that support the CCCTEP Didactics offered at J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital. The course reading material is for review prior to attending the respective session.
- ABCDEF Bundle
- ABG Interpretation
- Acute Respiratory Failure – High Flow Nasal Oxygen Therapy
- Acute Respiratory Failure – Hypercapnia
- Acute Respiratory Failure – Noninvasive Ventilation
- Acute Respiratory Failure – Pathophysiology
- Brain Death
- Cardiac Arrest
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Cardiac Support
- Glycemic Control
- Hypertension & Hypertensive Crisis
- Liver Failure – Acute
- Liver Failure – Acute on Chronic
- Nutritional Support
- Severe Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Status Epilepticus