WVU Medicine Camden Clark Infectious Diseases provides adults with the most advanced diagnosis and treatment for conditions caused by bacteria, fungi, parasites, or viruses. Our highly trained infectious diseases specialists have extensive experience treating rare and complex illnesses. Our infectious diseases team evaluates and treats conditions including bone and joint infections, travel related illnesses, cellulitis, and more.
Treatment and Services
Camden Clark provides both inpatient and outpatient diagnosis and treatment for a wide range of infectious diseases and related conditions. Our infectious diseases team collaborates with other specialties to perform lab testing, imaging procedures, among other methods to diagnose infectious diseases and provide treatment plans tailored to the needs of each patient.
Camden Clark provides evaluation and treatment for infectious diseases and conditions, including:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV
- Sexually transmitted infections (syphilis, herpes simplex virus, and others)
- Infections of prosthetic joints
- Bone infections (Osteomyelitis)
- Pre-travel counseling and travel-related illness
- Tuberculosis and non-tuberculosis mycobacterial infections
- difficile infection
- Infections of heart valves (endocarditis)
- Fever of unknown origin
- Cellulitis and skin abscess (including recurrent cellulitis)
- Liver abscess
Patients may be referred to Camden Clark’s Infectious Diseases outpatient practice.