Thank you for choosing WVU Medicine for your student experiences. We look forward to working with you to help coordinate the best possible learning experiences for your students. Please read through the materials below to gain a better understanding of our processes and policies with regard to students.
PLEASE CHECK OUR WEBSITE FOR THE MOST UP-TO-DATE VERSIONS OF ONBOARDING AND ORIENTATION MATERIALS. THE DATES ON SUBMITTED MATERIALS MUST MATCH THE DATES DURING WHICH THE STUDENT/INSTRUCTOR WILL BE ON-SITE.
Prior to scheduling students with us, please read the following materials:
- Onboarding Instruction Packet for Schools: This step-by-step guide provides an in-depth explanation of our onboarding and orientation process; use the checklist below for a brief reference and links to applicable forms. The packet also lists contact information for the BMC/JMC Student Affiliation Coordinator.
- Student Affiliation Code of Conduct: This document provides an overview of some of our applicable policies and procedures for students/instructors.
Once you have reviewed the onboarding instructions, use the following as a checklist to see that all your students and instructors are oriented and on-boarded appropriately; all items must be completed PRIOR to student/instructor arrival for requested experience:
- Student experience requested and approved
- Clinical Request Form (for group rotations, observations, and capstones)
- All others: responsibility of student/school (see packet)
- Academic Affiliation Agreement (AA) in place
- Certificate of (Liability) Insurance (COI) sent
- Students and instructors (coming on-site) oriented according to the following guides:
- All documentation submitted according to packet
- Student/instructor provided or sent for ID badge according to packet
- Unit-specific orientation completed/sent (for clinical instructors only):
- CLEARANCE TO START received (via email) each semester
- After experience: students/instructors directed to take survey. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BYZ7D6B