Join us for one of these upcoming events.
Living Well with Chronic Conditions Leader Training
Training starts January 19 – March 2, 2022 | Mondays and Wednesdays 1 – 3 p.m.
Become a Workshop Leader to help others learn the skills needed to manage their chronic conditions and enhance their quality of life. You do not need previous teaching or healthcare experience to be a leader, just a willingness to help others improve their health.
Workshops are 6 weeks, one time a week for 2 ½ hours and help participants:
- Take day-to-day responsibility for their health including physical activity, nutrition, stress management and pain management
- Work more effectively with their healthcare team
- Learn problem solving and decision making skills which enable them to confront the challenges of living with chronic conditions
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program teaches individuals to get the most out of life with a chronic condition. The Workshops can be virtual or in person and help build confidence and teach practical skills for managing health, staying active, and enjoying life.
- Leader training participants will receive a leader manual and book
- Objectives of training include understanding the components of the program, learning the teaching techniques, and building the skills necessary to teach the class
- Once Leaders are trained, they will be asked to lead at least 1 workshop a year
For more information or to register, call 304-264-1287, ext. 31814 or email Dana DeJarnett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diabetes Awareness Month Events
- WVU Medicine Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Health
- WVU Medicine Diabetes and Nutrition Education
- WV Health Connection – Berkeley County Trail Map
- WV Health Connection – Programs and Class Map
- Diabetes Risk Test
- WVU Extension Dining With Diabetes
- Berkeley Senior Services – Life in Action for Older Generation
- Jefferson County Council on Aging
- Senior Life Services of Morgan County
- Jefferson County Parks and Recreation
- Sam Michaels Park and Community Center
- Martinsburg-Berkeley County Parks and Recreation
- Morgan County Parks and Recreation
- Move it Monday
- Healthy Berkeley Walking Routes
- WV Diabetes Collaborative