Virtual Wellness Schedule
The following virtual exercise classes, well-being, and mindfulness programs will be available to WVU and WVU Medicine employees:
Virtual Exercise Classes:
- Virtual Yoga
- Virtual Zumba
- Virtual Pilates
- Virtual Meditation
- Virtual Cardio Fusion with Weights
- Virtual Tai Chi
- Beginning Tai Chi & QiGong
All classes listed above will be offered through Webex video conferencing. Please visit our classes webpage or home webpage to view our wellness calendar which has class days, times and meeting invitations.
- Wellbeing Solutions – is offering health and wellness coaching for healthcare professionals.
- 20-minute virtual meditation sessions three times a week via Webex.
- Virtual Mindful Steps Series is a free 6-week series designed to assist in developing and maintaining mindful resilience, mental fitness, and relaxation.
- Check out the Mindful Steps WV Facebook page which has resources such as daily Breathing with Nicole and meditations with neuroscientist Julie Brefczynski-Lewis and clinical therapist Laurel Faulkenberry.
- Also please view the Yoga by Nicole videos posted on YouTube for instruction on different yoga practices.
- Walk with a Future Doc – are free bimonthly walking events hosted by the WVU School of Medicine.
- Mountaineers Move – offers free online exercise programming available to all WVU employees and students.
- Headspace – offers an app and also online content in mindfulness and meditation practices.
- 10% Happier – has free access to the app for healthcare through their Coronavirus Sanity Guide which also includes meditations, podcasts, blog posts and talks.
- WVU Extension Service – offers tips for families to incorporate physical activity while practicing social distancing.
- WVU Campus Recreation – has an online rec and wellness guide.
- WVU Medicine Employee Assistance Program
For more information, please contact The Wellness Center at email@example.com.