Virtual Wellness Schedule
The following virtual exercise classes, well-being, and mindfulness programs will be available to WVU and WVU Medicine employees beginning Sept. 8 - Dec. 18:
Virtual Exercise Classes:
All classes listed above will be offered through Webex video conferencing.
- Virtual Tai Chi – Starting on August 17, this class will be offered Mon, Wed & Fri at 10 am through the remainder of the year.
- Wellbeing Solutions – is offering health and wellness coaching for healthcare professionals. Click here for more information.
- 20-minute virtual meditation sessions three times a week via Webex.
- Virtual 'Mindful Mondays' series – This free 4-part series is designed to assist in developing and maintaining mindful resilience, mental fitness, and relaxation.
- Check out the Mindful Steps WV Facebook page which has resources such as daily Breathing with Nicole and meditations with neuroscientist Julie Brefczynski-Lewis and clinical therapist Laurel Faulkenberry.
- Also please view the Yoga by Nicole videos posted on YouTube for instruction on different yoga practices.
- Mountaineers Move – offers free online exercise programming available to all WVU employees and students.
- Headspace – offers an app and also online content in mindfulness and meditation practices. Their premium service is now being offered to all healthcare providers for free.
- 10% Happier – has free access to the app for healthcare through their Coronavirus Sanity Guide which also includes meditations, podcasts, blog posts and talks.
- WVU Extension Service – offers tips for families to incorporate physical activity while practicing social distancing.
- WVU Campus Recreation – has an online rec and wellness guide.
For more information, please contact The Wellness Center at email@example.com.