Facility to open mid-2021
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Hiring for the new WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital, set to open in mid-2021, has begun. More than 500 new employees will be hired during the two-phase hiring process.
Positions will be posted at various times over the next nine months with the expectation that hiring will ramp up in January and February.
“Though the construction of the new Hospital is still underway, we have to start recruiting new employees now in order to have enough time to get them hired, through the orientation process, and appropriately trained so they’re ready to hit the ground running when we officially open our doors,” Amy L. Bush-Marone, R.N., B.S.N., M.B.A., C.N.O.R., chief operating officer for WVU Medicine Children’s, said. “This is an exciting time to be at WVU Medicine Children’s. We’re not just building a new facility; we’re building a legacy for the children and families of West Virginia. We encourage anyone who wants to be a part of that legacy to come join us.”
In the first phase of hiring, WVU Medicine Children’s is looking for Administrators, Registered Nurses, Pharmacists, and Surgical Services staff members. Those positions have been posted or will be posted in the near future.
In early 2021, positions in Facilities, Housekeeping, Nursing Support, Nutrition Services, Respiratory and Speech Therapy, Security, and Supply Chain will be posted.
Positions in both phases include full-time, part-time, and per diem employment opportunities.
The nine-story, 150-bed WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital will include:
- A Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, which includes a cardiovascular intensive care unit and an epilepsy monitoring unit
- A Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- A Pediatric Acute Care Unit, which includes an inpatient cancer unit
- A Birthing Center
- Private inpatient rooms with a window view
- A dedicated emergency department
- Operating rooms, cardiac catheterization, interventional radiology, and endoscopy facilities
- A medical office building, including pediatric heart and vascular institute, blood disorder and cancer center, infusion center, and maternal-fetal medicine clinics
- A pharmacy, pediatric imaging services, a cafeteria, and a gift shop
- A family resource center
Interested applicants should visit WVUMedicine.org/Careers to apply for a position. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, most interviews are being conducted virtually rather than in person.
For more information on WVU Medicine Children’s, visit Childrens.WVUMedicine.org.