WVU Medicine hospitals and facilities have special visitation guidelines in place to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus COVID-19. Thank you for your cooperation.
Inpatient Visitation Guidelines
- Visiting hours are from 10am to 8pm daily.
- Visitors must enter through the designated entrance.
- Visitors will be screened (asked questions about symptoms, exposures) upon entry to the hospital. If the screening questions are positive, visitation will not be permitted.
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times. A mask will be provided if the visitor does not have one.
- Visitation will not be permitted if the visitor refuses to comply with mask wearing.
- Visitors must obtain, wear, and return the visitor badge upon entering and exiting the hospital.
- Social distancing requirements must be maintained.
- Clinical staff have the right to request visitor to not be present in areas with limited space.
- All visitors are required to sign in at the nursing station upon entrance to the nursing unit.
- Visitation is permitted for patients who are positive or under investigation for COVID-19 with appropriate PPE and instruction from staff. Check in at the nursing station.
- Inpatient visitors must remain in the patient room, and may not travel to common areas (including cafeteria, gift shop, patient testing areas, etc.) Please bring anything needed (i.e., food or drink) for your visit.
- Patients may have up to one (1) approved visitors at a time and switching visitors is permitted. Visitors may return the same day. If you have any questions or concerns regarding these guidelines, please ask a staff member.
Since the hospital opened in 1980, the Braxton County Memorial Hospital Auxiliary has been providing much-needed service and monetary support. From May 1, 2017, through April 30, 2018, the Auxiliary provided 2,628 hours of service and $9,685 in monetary donations or purchases for the hospital. The Auxiliary consists of both men and women who are looking to make a difference in the community. The Auxiliary is governed by a committee of officers who follow a set of bylaws.
Many volunteer opportunities are available. In addition to volunteer work, the Auxiliary holds several fundraisers throughout the year, including uniform, book, and jewelry sales.
For more information on becoming a volunteer, please contact the hospital at 304-364-5156.