The following general visitation guidelines are in effect at all WVU Medicine East facilities including Berkeley Medical Center, Jefferson Medical Center and all University Healthcare Physicians outpatient physician clinics.
· All visitors must wear a mask at all times.
· Visiting hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
· Individuals who are ill are not permitted to visit patients.
· Approved visitors are required to register at the information desk in the main lobby to obtain a visitor pass.
· Visitation is not permitted for COVID-19-positive patients and COVID-19 persons under investigation (PUIs) (see exceptions for pediatrics below).
· Visitors are to stay in the room at all times and not travel to common areas.
· Visitors must exit through the main lobby and return their visitor pass. They will not be allowed to return until the next day.
· Visitors are not permitted on the Behavioral Health Unit.
*Exceptions to visitation will be made based on patient condition and on a case-by-case basis by the department leader and/or house supervisor. Exceptions include but are not limited to deaf/blind patients, low mental capacity, significant mobility limitations, critical conversations (goals of care), Pediatrics/NICU, OB patients and end of life.
· One approved adult primary caretaker/visitor OR alternate is allowed per day during designated visiting hours; visitors are not allowed to exit building and return in same day.
· One approved visitor may visit for 30 minutes at time of admission and discharge if not within designated visiting hours.
· No overnight visitation is allowed.
· One approved visitor is allowed at a time in patient’s room for pediatric inpatients.
· One approved overnight visitor is allowed for pediatric inpatients.
· Pediatric COVID-19-positive inpatients and COVID-19 PUIs are allowed one approved visitor in room at all times, including overnight.
· OB/Maternal Infant Care patients may have one approved visitor at all times, including overnight. No COVID-19 or PUI visitors.
· NICU patients are allowed one approved visitor at all times, including overnight. No COVID-19 or PUI visitors are allowed.
Pre-op visits, procedures, or a diagnostic tests
· Patients should plan to attend their outpatient pre-op visit, procedure or diagnostic test alone.
· Limited exceptions will be made based on patient condition and on a case-by-case basis by the department leader and/or house supervisor.
Ambulatory (outpatient) clinic appointments
· Patients are encouraged to attend their appointments alone.
· If approved, one visitor may accompany an adult patient to the appointment and remain in the room during the visit.
· Pediatric patients are allowed one visitor/parent as needed.
Emergency Department (ED) visits
· One visitor (age 18+) is allowed with each adult ED patient.
· One visitor (age 18+) is allowed with each pediatric ED patient.
· The Emergency Department waiting room is reserved for patients only. The visitor will be asked to wait in their vehicle until the patient is moved to a room unless the patient requires the visitor to assist with maintaining safety (e.g., deaf/blind patients, low mental capacity, significant mobility limitations).
· The visitor may accompany the patient to the room and remain there during the ED stay. Switching out of visitors is discouraged.
· Two approved visitors from immediate family are permitted in room at one time