The Wetzel County Hospital Volunteer Program is one of the most rewarding and well-known volunteer organizations in Wetzel County.
Energetic volunteers of all ages and skills are needed to volunteer all year round. Volunteers are generally asked to give a minimum of four hours a week for at least six months. There are many different volunteer roles available for individual time schedules, abilities, and interests. Volunteers may work directly with patients or choose to work behind the scenes.
Volunteers are needed in many hospital roles, including:
- Ambassadors: Volunteers greet, escort, or transport patients and visitors throughout the hospital.
- Family liaison services: Volunteers provide information and support to families in the surgery and intensive care waiting areas.
- Information desk: Volunteers welcome visitors, assist with directions, and provide information about the hospital.
- Patient support: Volunteers collect menus and deliver meal trays.
Our summer volunteer program is available for students age 14 and older, and the program requires a commitment of four volunteer hours each week. This program offers placements in a variety of departments. Space is limited, so interested students are encouraged to apply early. Applications should be submitted by May 20, 2024.
To apply to become a Wetzel County Hospital volunteer, please contact Volunteer Services at 304-455-8116 and complete the following:
- Volunteer application
- Schedule an interview
- Criminal background check for those 18 and older
- Current flu shot and TB test (within the last year)
- Attend a general orientation session and departmental training