The WVU Heart and Vascular Institute is proud to host the second annual Advances in Cardiovascular Medicine conference presented by national leaders.
This conference has been designed for physicians who have interest in cardiovascular medicine, including specialists in interventional cardiology, cardiovascular surgery, advanced heart failure, electrophysiology, and imaging diagnostics, as well as fellows, residents, nurses, and other healthcare professionals interested in cardiology-related diseases and treatments.
During the two-day event, there will be keynote presentations followed by case presentations and panel discussions. The focus will be on integrating multidisciplinary teams for optimizing patient-centered therapies. The schedule provides opportunities to meet with exhibiting vendors and research groups that are helping provide improved treatment options.The course also features networking opportunities, including a technology exhibit, where the latest diagnostic algorithms and therapies will be displayed.
Predominantly case based discussions on contemporary cardiology topics including:
- The Emerging World of Cardiology: The National ACC Update
- Viability and Chronic Total Occlusions
- PET Viablility – Uptake for Life
- Low Dose Dobutamine – Contraction Action
- Cardiac MR
- Role of CT coronary angiography
- Common myths of Coronary artery disease and evolving therapies: A pathologist’s view
- The high bleeding risk patient: which stent, which drug?
- Young female patient with spontaneous coronary artery dissection and recurrent ischemia
- Patient selection for protected PCI: who benefits most?
- Secondary mitral regurgitation should be treated with transcatheter techniques
- Pathology of Structural heart diseases-the known and unknown
- Clinical conundrums in valvular heart disease that the guidelines do not address
- Use of digital technology for understanding valvular heart disease
- Conscious Sedation TAVR without TEE
- Can we HALT the Aortic valve thrombosis?
- The future of Mitral therapies is Percutaneous Repair or Replace
- Heart Failure: Challenges and opportunities
- Heart Failure in Women
- Is this the heart or the cancer-therapy?
- Should I repair the valves during LVAD implantation?
- Novel therapies for Pulmonary Hypertension
- How do I innovate for overcoming heart failure readmissions?
- Technology enabled care in rural Appalachia
- Diagnosing early valvular heart diseases, but can we intervene?
- Special Considerations and Treatment for Women with Heart Disease
- The Endgame of the Opioid Crisis – The Problem and Solutions
- Management of Refractory Atrial fibrillation
- Implementing CABANA, CASTLE-AF and CAPTAF in my clinical practice
- His bundle pacing, leadless pacing, septal pacing, ultrasound pacing: will they replace conventional techniques?
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
Learn Latest Advanced Treatments
View Cutting-Edge Research
Explore State-of-the-art Technologies
CONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION
Cardiovascular professionals, faculty, residents, medical
students, nurses, and community providers.
By attending the conference, participants should be able to:
- Compare contemporary diagnostic methods in
cardiology including mobile health solutions
- Compare and contrast the benefits of non-surgical
management with surgical management of complex
coronary artery disease
- Discuss the medical management of heart failure and
identify advanced treatments
- Recognize expanding indications for structural heart
interventions with real world case illustrations
- Discuss guidelines and advances in cardiac ablation
and HIS bundle pacing
Accreditation and Designation
The West Virginia University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The WVU Office of CME designates this live activity for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. This continuing education activity has been provided by the West Virginia University School of Nursing for 14.5 contact hours. The West Virginia University School of Nursing is an approved provider of continuing education by the State of West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses, Legislature Rule §19CSR11-4 under provider number WV1996-0120RN
For questions, or for more information prior to or during the conference, please contact Renee Hill at 304-598-4889.
For information on other upcoming CE conferences, contact the Office of CE at 304-293-3937, visit our website at ce.wvu.edu or e-mail us at email@example.com.
In case of emergency during the conference, please call Renee Hill at 304-598-4889
It is the policy of the WVU School of Medicine Office of CME to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its educational activities. All faculty/authors/planners participating in our programs are expected to disclose any relevant relationships they may have with commercial companies.
Any relevant relationships, along with the educational content of this program, will be reviewed and any potential conflicts of interest will be resolved to the satisfaction of the WVU School of Medicine Office of CME prior to the activity. If a conflict cannot be resolved, the person involved will be removed from control of content or the content will not be presented as part of the educational program..
Special thanks to our exhibitors for their support of this conference.
Important: If you are unable to attend the conference after you have registered, you must notify us in writing by October 18, 2019, to receive a refund. No refunds for conference fees will be made after October 18, 2019. A $25 fee will be charged for all cancelled registrations. We reserve the right to cancel individual sessions or the entire conference. In the event of a conference cancellation, a full tuition refund will be made.
|Anticipated Nursing Credit||14.5|
|Before November 16th||After November 16th|
|Physicians||$ 225.00||$ 250.00|
|PA, NP, RN||$ 150.00||$ 175.00|
|Other||$ 80.00||$ 100.00|
Registration Fees for WVU and WVUH
|Before November 16th||After November 16th|
|Full-time WVU Physicians||$ 175.00||$ 200.00|
|Full-time WVU PA, NP, RN||$ 100.00||$ 120.00|
|Full-time WVU Techs, Other Staff||$ 40.00||$ 55.00|
|Full-time WVU Residents/Students||$ 25.00||$ 35.00|
|All HVI Departmental Staff||Free||Free|
EVENT DETAILS & ACCOMODATIONS
November 2-3, 2019
Morgantown Marriott at Waterfront Place
Two Waterfront Place
Morgantown, West Virginia 26501
Click Here For Directions
Special Rate Online Reservations: Book your group rate for WVU HVI Cardiovascular Conference ($149 USD per night)
Cut-off Date: Friday, October 18th is the last day to book under the group block and receive the discounted group rate. Any rooms reserved after this date will be subjected to hotels best available rate. Availability of rooms after last day to book subject to pay higher rates. Only reservations booked within the group block will receive the contracted group rate
THE WVU HEART AND VASCULAR INSTITUTE
Led by Vinay Badhwar, MD, FACS, FACC, and some of the most respected cardiac surgeons, cardiologists, interventional radiologists, cardiac electrophysiologists, and vascular surgeons, the heart and vascular programs of West Virginia University and WVU Medicine are among the best in the United States. Considered national experts in their field, our physicians are an integrated team that works closely together to bring state-of-the-art therapies to patients from West Virginia and the surrounding region.
About WVU Medicine
WVU Medicine unites the clinical and research faculty of the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center with the hospitals, clinics, and health professionals of the West Virginia University Health System. Together, they are a national leader in patient safety and quality, and are unified and driven by a passion to provide the most advanced healthcare possible to the people of West Virginia and beyond. WVU Medicine includes the physicians, specialists, and sub-specialists of the West Virginia University School of Medicine; the affiliated schools of the WVU Health Sciences Center; four community hospitals; three critical access hospitals; and a children’s hospital, all anchored by a 690-bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care.
About Morgantown, West Virginia
WVU Medicine is headquartered in Morgantown, West Virginia, a vibrant city located along the Monongahela River and close to the Pennsylvania border in the north central part of the state. The seat of Monongalia County and the home of West Virginia University, Morgantown has been voted Best Small City by numerous national organizations. With excellent schools, diverse restaurants, and outdoor activities, Morgantown is one of the major growth areas in West Virginia.
Available Sponsorship Levels
Platinum – $12,500 (1 sponsor)
Gold – $10,000 (2 sponsors)
Silver – $5,000 (7 sponsors)
Blue – $3,000 (13 sponsors)
Saturday Cocktail Reception Sponsorship
Lunch Exhibit Sponsorship
If you are interested in a sponsorship, please complete and submit the sponsorship form below.