Innovative Treatments, Caring Physicians
WVU Medicine Neurology offers patients a full spectrum of innovative therapies for diseases of the brain, spinal cord, nerves and muscles, including stroke, epilepsy, neuromuscular diseases and movement disorders.
In addition to these comprehensive clinical initiatives, we have expanded our treatment programs in pediatric neurology, neuro-oncology, and headache.
Each year, approximately 1,200 adult patients are admitted through our inpatient neurology service. Specialists in our outpatient neurology clinics see about 2,800 new patients each year, in addition to approximately 10,000 returning patients. Our board-certified physicians are sought-after consultants, providing about 1,600 neurology consultations annually.
Our staff is committed to providing the most up-to-date, comprehensive treatment. From the moment patients contact us, we make every effort to assess, diagnose and provide the most advanced medical care available in the region.
Conditions We Treat
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Dementia (Alzheimer’s disease)
- Head Trauma
- Huntington’s Disease
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular Transmission Disorders
- Myasthenia gravis
- Neuropathy (Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Pediatric Neurology
- Clinical Neurophysiology (EEG, EMG and Somatosensory Evoked Potentials)
- Seizure Surgery Evaluations
- ACTIVA: Deep Brain Stimulation for Advanced Parkinson’s
- Pediatric Neurology Evaluations