WVU Medicine Urgent Care
912 Somerset Boulevard, Suite 102
Charles Town, WV 25414
Make an Appointment Online
Open: Monday – Saturday, 8 am – 8 pm
Open: Sunday, Noon – 8 pm
Closed: Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day
Conditions we treat:
Illnesses and infections
- Adenovirus (common virus causing cold and sore throat)
- Canker or mouth sores
- Chicken pox
- Ear infections
- H-pylori (bacteria that can cause stomach ulcers)
- Impetigo (highly contagious skin infection)
- Pink eye
- Poison ivy or poison oak
- RSV (respiratory syncytial virus)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Sinus infections
- Stomach flu
- Strep throat
- Swimmer’s ear
- Upper respiratory infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Yeast infections
- Sore throat
- Swollen glands
- Minor burns
- Minor cuts
- Minor fractures or dislocations
- Minor lacerations
- Minor wounds
- Sprains and strains
Testing and vaccinations:
Walk-in COVID-19 testing is available Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
- Testing will be available for symptomatic patients with a physician’s order.
- A MyWVUChart account is required to receive results, which will be available within 24 hours.
- Patients must contact their primary care physician for any necessary follow-up.
Appointments are not necessary but are available by calling WVU Medicine Urgent Care — Charles Town at 304-725-2273.
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) testing (blood sample not processed at our facility)
- Monospot testing
- Pregnancy testing
- Rapid flu testing
- Rapid strep testing
- Urine testing
Vaccinations and injections
- Flu shots
- Td (tetanus, diphtheria)
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) approved for ages 11 to 64
- DTaP (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis) approved for children under age 10
- Sports physicals
Prescription medications are not sold at the Charles Town, Inwood, and Spring Mills Urgent Care locations.
Urgent Care in Charles Town, Inwood, and Spring Mills are accredited by the National Urgent Care Center Accreditation.
These clinics are operated by University Healthcare Physicians.