Visitor Restrictions in Place at Wheeling Hospital
The visitor policy restrictions put in place at Wheeling Hospital at the onset of COVID-19 are being eased. But many of the restrictions will remain in place in order to protect the hospital staff, patients and visitors.
For adult inpatients:
- One visitor per day per patient will be permitted between 10 am and 6 pm in ICU, CVSD, IMU, Oncology, Floors 4 and 5 in Main Hospital and Floor 4 in Tower 5. No visitation to Floors 2 and 5 in Tower 5.
- Visitors must leave the hospital during non-visiting hours. They are not permitted to leave and return the same day.
- Visitors must enter and exit through the Main Entrance. They will be screened and required to wear masks.
- No visitors under the age of 18 are permitted.
Visitation guidelines for Labor and Delivery, Pediatrics and ICU/critical care remain the same:
- In Labor and Delivery (one visitor per patient per day); and Pediatrics (two visitors per patient per day to allow mother and father to visit).
- No visitation in ICU/critical care or COVID units except in end-of-life situations.
Current restrictions will remain in place for outpatient surgery. On day of procedure, the accompanying visitor will drive up to the Surgery Center and staff will check in the patient. The visitor must drive to the waiting area. The patient will go to the waiting area and will be called back to the surgery center for prep. Once the patient’s procedure is complete, the surgeon will call the patient visitor. Once the patient is in the post- procedure area and ready for discharge, the visitor will be called to drive to return to the drop-off area, where the patient will be escorted by the hospital staff, who will assist in getting the patient in the car.
Visitors are not permitted to accompany ambulatory patients to physician or diagnostic visits, with exceptions to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
All parking at the hospital is free. Valet parking is available at Tower 4 entrance.
Main Lobby, open 24 hours daily.
Wheeling Hospital is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited – indoors and outdoors – at all facilities owned by Wheeling Hospital.
An ATM machine is located in the lower level just outside the cafeteria entrance.
Frequently Requested Telephone Numbers
Information: 304-243-3000 or 304-243-3300
Business Office: 304-243-3200
Patient Registration: 304-243-3333
Corporate Health: 304-243-3784
Emergency Department: 304-243-3280
VNA of Medical Park: 304-243-4663
Medical Records: 304-243-3306
Nursing Department: 304-243-3335
Pastoral Care: 304-243-3244
Volunteer Office: 304-243-3303
Howard Long Wellness Center: 304-242-9355