Emergency Department Services
Ruby Memorial Hospital‘s Emergency Department provides superior care for ill and injured children who require immediate attention for life-threatening situations.
Our physicians are experienced, highly trained, and board-certified in pediatric emergency medicine or emergency medicine.
We treat pediatric medical, surgical, and trauma conditions that may include:
- Acute medical problems, such as:
- allergic reactions
- difficulty breathing
- high or persistent fevers
- poisoning or overdose
- dog bites
- Complications of chronic illnesses that require immediate attention, such as:
- Major injuries:
- conditions resulting from motor vehicle crashes or falls
- head injuries
- Major injuries are treated in the Jon Michael Moore Trauma Center
Note: Patients with non-life-threatening conditions should visit WVU Urgent Care, located on Van Voorhis Road, open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wait times in the Emergency Department will be considerably longer for conditions that do not require emergency, life-saving care.