Dates: Mondays, March 28 – May 2
Time: noon – 1:00 p.m.
Location: G119A, Health Sciences Center (North)
Do you already have a mindfulness practice? Would you like to expand your knowledge? In Mindful Steps: Part 2, participants will delve deeper with practices related to interoception, inner yoga, adaptability, gratitude, and resilience.
Mindful Steps: Part 2 is a six-week intermediate class that expands on the topics of the introductory Mindful Steps series.
The focus of the six sessions will be on a deeper interconnection within ourselves, our environment, and our world:
- Review of Basic Mindfulness Practices.
- Fundamentals of Joy: Getting our groove back!
- Say what? Unpleasant experiences revisited.
- Mindful communication: Reveling in interconnectedness.
- Mindful mishaps: Daring to Look! Daring to Feel!
- Keep it going! How to navigate through common meditation pitfalls
Led by a team of expert mindfulness instructors, this free six-week program is open to students, faculty, and staff at WVU and employees of WVU Medicine. Recordings will be available for those unable to attend live.
Contact wellness specialist Anthony.Danko@hsc.wvu.edu to register or receive the class recordings.