Interested in starting a career in the healthcare industry immediately upon graduating from high school?
The WVU Medicine MedEd program offers an exciting opportunity to students:
- It’s free and open to juniors and seniors at Jefferson High School and Washington High School in Jefferson County, and Morgantown High School and University High School in Monongalia County.
- There are limited spots available at each high school.
- Successful applicants will choose a career path –
- Laboratory Technician or Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician in Jefferson County
- Ambulatory Care Assistant or Sterile Processing Technician in Monongalia County
- Students will take two courses during their junior and senior years.
- Students will complete a PAID internship during the second semester of their senior year at WVU Medicine and have the opportunity to take a certification exam at the end of the program, as applicable.
- Bus transportation to/from a WVU Medicine hospital will be provided.
- Successful program participants will be considered for full-time employment at WVU Medicine after graduation.
To learn more, contact your high school counselor.
WVU Medicine is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.