The Fairmont Regional Cancer Center provides advanced personalized radiation oncology care for cancer patients based on their individual tumor type and clinical situation. As a part of the WVU Cancer Institute, we offer patients the latest in radiation therapy technology and equipment, including new targeted radiation delivery methods, which greatly enhance the ability to manage advanced and complex diseases more successfully and with fewer side effects to patients.
The Fairmont Regional Cancer Center is recognized for the highest level of quality, safe patient care by the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) APEx – Accreditation Program for Excellence in radiation oncology programs.
Advanced cancer treatment methods that are available at the Fairmont Regional Cancer Center include:
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
The Fairmont Regional Cancer Center provides radiation therapy for many types of cancers, including:
- Gastric and esophageal (stomach)
- Gynecologic (cervical, ovarian, uterine)
- Head and neck (larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, salivary gland, sinus, skin, thyroid)
For more information, call 304-366-9999.