Home Health Care
The need for Home Health services often arises following surgery or hospitalization. The mission of Braxton County Memorial Hospital Home Health is to provide nursing care (in patients’ homes) while helping them remain independent.
We assist in their return to maximum levels of health, while providing education and support for family members.
Home Health is available for people of all ages who are homebound, have a skilled need (such as nursing), and are under the care of a physician who will order home health services.
Braxton County Memorial Hospital Home Health skilled nursing staff performs a variety of skilled services, including:
- Education for patients and families about care at home
- Monitoring blood pressures, heart rate, and lungs
- Wound care
- IV care, IV pain control, and nutrition
- Diabetic care
- Dietary education
- Ostomy care
- Catheter care
A certified nursing assistant is also available to help with personal care needs, such as:
- Bathing, shampooing, and foot and nail care
- Assisting with exercises and walking
- Catheter care
- Non-sterile wound care
A licensed social worker is available to provide help with problems affecting a patient’s illness and recovery, including:
- Assisting with financial problems
- Assisting with emotional problems and providing counseling
- Coordinating community resources
- Assisting with environmental problems
Options for payment include Medicare, Medicaid, Black Lung benefits, private insurance, Worker’s Compensation, Veterans benefits, or private payment.
Our office is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, but we provide on-call availability.
For more information, please call 304-364-1063.