When your provider needs to take a deeper look beyond what is visible to the eye, he or she might order an MRI, CT scan, ultrasound, PET scan, or another test designed to see the internal structure of the body. Clear, precise imaging is critical to the proper diagnosis and treatment of countless conditions.
Our expert team of board-certified radiologists, advanced practice professionals, nurses, and technologists provide high quality imaging services at Berkeley Medical Center and three convenient outpatient locations.
Radiological imaging is used to:
- Make an initial diagnosis of a disease or injury
- Helps determine a course of treatment
- Monitors treatment effectiveness
- Check progress in healing or disease activity
- Guide surgeons in procedures to treat strokes, aneurysms, and other conditions