If you or your child needs urgent medical care, please go immediately to your nearest Emergency Room. If you are unable to get to the closest hospital yourself, call 911 right away. For minor injuries or illnesses, you may want to visit Wheeling Hospital Urgent Care in downtown Wheeling.
The Emergency/Trauma Department at Wheeling Hospital is the “front door” for sick and injured patients from across our region, both pediatric and adult.
Our Emergency Department specializes in providing emergency care for any serious injury or illness you may experience. Our physicians, nurses, and technicians bring together expertise and training in practices and methods that will guide you through the Emergency Department experience and provide the highest level of care available.
Conditions We Treat
Our emergency medicine physicians and providers are equipped to treat a wide range of medical, surgical, and trauma conditions that may include:
- Acute medical problems, such as:
- Broken bones and dislocated joints
- Chest pain or difficulty breathing
- High or persistent fevers
- Poisoning or overdose of drug or alcohol
- Serious burns or wounds
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe cold or flu symptoms
- Suicidal thoughts
- Complications of chronic illnesses requiring immediate attention, such as:
- Major injuries:
- Conditions resulting from motor vehicle accidents or falls
- Head injuries
There is free parking at the Emergency Department 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you have any questions about parking when you arrive, please ask a security officer for assistance.