BUCKHANNON, W.VA.-- St. Joseph’s Hospital’s “Walk with a Doc” program continues every other Monday this summer. The program encourages residents to take a step toward better health by joining in the walk at noon.
Led by a St. Joseph’s Hospital provider, the walk will begin with a brief health-related discussion followed by a 20-minute walk. The walk begins at the helipad behind St. Joseph’s Hospital Med Plaza Building A and is free and open to the public.
The upcoming walks are:
- June 4: “Summer Safety Healthwise” led by Joseph Reed, M.D.
- June 18: “All Things Menopausal” led by Kimberly Farry, M.D.
- July 2: “Heat Risks” led by Dr. Reed
- July 16: “Vaccines, Checkups, and Routine Labs You Need” led by Danielle Seitz, N.P.-C.
- July 30: “Overview of Services at St. Joseph’s Hospital” led by Reed
Walk with a Doc is a national non-profit organization whose mission is to encourage healthy physical activity in people of all ages and reverse the consequences of a sedentary lifestyle in order to improve the health and well-being of the country. For more information, call 304-473-2066.