BUCKHANNON, WV — The Pallottine Missionary Sisters recently presented a donation to St. Joseph’s Hospital in honor of its 100th anniversary.
The history of the hospital traces back to the founding of the Pallottine Sisters in 1838. This group was created to assist Roman priest Vincent Pallotti with his life’s mission to revive, strengthen, spread faith, and enkindle charity throughout the world.
The first of the Pallottine Sisters made their way to the United States in 1912, passing the wreckage of the Titanic, as their own ship made its way safely between the icebergs.
They opened St. Joseph Hospital in Buckhannon on March 28, 1921. Their mission continues today through the support of WVU Medicine.
“We are inspired by the love of Christ to provide our community with quality healthcare in ways which respect the God-given dignity of each person and the sacredness of human life.”