Big or small medical emergencies can be a traumatic life experience. WVU Medicine Jefferson Medical Center’s state-of-the-art Emergency Department treats more than 25,000 patients a year. Our highly skilled physicians pride themselves on providing quality, efficient, patient-centered care for over 30 years. We are committed to community service.
At WVU Medicine Jefferson Medical Center, it is our goal to provide every patient excellent care and find ways to make visits quicker, easier and less stressful. Our enhanced emergency department can deliver that and so much more:
- 24 hour Board Certified Emergency Physician coverage
- Physician Support by Advanced Practice Providers during peak hours
- Level IV WV State Trauma Designation
- 100% of Nurses are ED trained and TNCC (Trauma Nurse Care Course) Certified
- 24/7 psychiatric telemedicine availability
- Addiction recovery friendly with recovery coaches available