The WVU Stroke Center provides:
- An Acute Stroke Team that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including:
- Emergency Medicine Staff, EMS and HealthNet Aeromedical Services
- Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Radiology and Neuro-Interventional Radiology
- Inpatient Clinical Labs
- Rehabilitation Services
- Care Management
- Neurocritical Care and Stroke Units staffed by a multi-disciplinary team of registered nurses and therapists who have received extensive stroke education
- A performance improvement process that uses the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Registry
- Advanced diagnostic and imaging techniques
- Prevention, early intervention, and rehabilitation services provided in the WVU Neurology Clinic for patients who are at risk for stroke or who have had a stroke
The WVU Stroke Center has earned Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from The Joint Commission and is a recipient of the American Heart Association Gold Plus Performance Award and Target Stroke Honor Roll.
American Heart Association Award
This certification recognizes healthcare organizations for excellence and offer the best possible outcomes for stroke patients.
Joint Commission Certification
The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Centers represent symbols of quality from their respective organizations. Learn more about this advanced certification here.