What is a video visit?
As an established WVU Medicine patient, you may be able to see your provider without leaving home. Many WVU Medicine providers now offer video outpatient care appointments via a smartphone or webcam-equipped computer. Services available include primary care and pediatric visits, as well as more specialized care.
With video appointments, you or your child can:
- receive an examination, diagnosis, and treatment from a WVU Medicine provider
- receive an after-visit summary containing a care plan and any follow-up instructions, including referrals for a specialist visit or diagnostic imaging
- have prescriptions recommended by their video provider sent to the pharmacy of their choice
How to complete your outpatient video visit
The playlist below features a series of instructional videos explaining the various steps of your outpatient video visit, including installing your MyWVUChart app, scheduling your outpatient video visit, the video visit check-in process, and completing your appointment. You may watch them all in sequence, or click through the list to find the topic you need.
Outpatient video visit instructions
Schedule your virtual outpatient visit by calling 855-WVU-CARE (855-988-2273) or by sending your provider a message through MyWVUChart.
Complete your visit by following these step-by-step instructions.
To complete a video visit through your mobile device (preferred):
- MyWVUChart app must be installed
- You must have a good connection to the internet or a 3G/4G network
- You can also use a webcam-equipped computer
Problems? Call our patient help desk at (866) 982-4278.
Download the MyChart app: