Wheeling Hospital’s Center for Pediatrics brings together specialists from a wide variety of disciplines to provide total health care for infants, children and adolescents.
From primary to acute care services, child/adolescent psychiatry to rehabilitation, behavioral health to pediatric endocrinology, wellness and community services, the concept of Wheeling Hospital Center for Pediatrics is to provide a medical “home” for the region’s children. The center features the only area team of more than 200 professionals providing pediatric services around the clock.
- Coordination with community services, such as WV Birth to Three, Ohio Help Me Grow, Reach Out and Read, and Catholic Charities
- Pediatric rehabilitation services include occupational, physical, speech and autism spectrum disorders therapy
- Pediatric subspecialty care through WVU Medicine Children’s
- Primary care pediatrics
- Psychiatric services for children and adolescents
- Specialized hospital care for children
Subspecialty Pediatric Care
Subspecialty pediatric care is now available to Wheeling area patients through WVU Medicine Children’s and Wheeling Hospital.
The services are being provided both in-person and through telemedicine, and are staffed by WVU Medicine Children’s physicians, who see patients in Tower 1, Suite 306 in Wheeling Hospital. Patients also are seen in the WVU Heart and Vascular Institute Cardiology Clinic at Cabela Drive, the Highland.
- Adolescent Medicine
Patients must be referred by their pediatricians. For more information, call 855-WVU-CARE.