The visitation policies adopted by Summersville Regional Medical Center are intended to provide for the well-being of all patients. Please keep the following in mind:
- Visiting hours are from 10 am to 8 pm daily.
- Visitation after 8 pm is limited and must be approved by the House Supervisor. A visitor pass will be issued for those family members remaining in the facility.
- It is recommended that there be only two visitors with a patient at a time. The charge nurse may allow additional visitors under special circumstances.
- Visitors under the age of 12 are not permitted in patient care areas.
- Please do not visit if you have a cold, flu, or other contagious disease.
- Visitors may not stay overnight, unless it is deemed to be in the patient’s best interest and is approved by the charge nurse.
- Patients have the right to choose who may visit during a hospital stay, they also have the right to refuse consent for visits at any time.
- Shirt and shoes are required at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Visitors exhibiting loud or disorderly behavior will be asked to leave.
- Summersville Regional Medical Center has a tobacco-free campus. This includes cigarettes and smokeless tobacco, such as snuff and chewing tobacco.
- Booklet Privacy Notice 2019
- Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
- Voluntary NonOpioid Advanced Directive (PDF)
- Center for Organ Recovery and Education (CORE)
- Advance Directive Forms (e.g., Medical Power of Attorney and Living Will)
Learn more about our Standard Charges and Financial Assistance Policy.