What is a video visit?
As an established WVU Medicine patient, you may be able to see your provider without leaving home. Many WVU Medicine providers now offer video outpatient care appointments via a smartphone or webcam-equipped computer. Services available include primary care and pediatric visits, as well as more specialized care.
With video appointments, you or your child can:
- receive an examination, diagnosis, and treatment from a WVU Medicine provider
- receive an after-visit summary containing a care plan and any follow-up instructions, including referrals for a specialist visit or diagnostic imaging
- have prescriptions recommended by their video provider sent to the pharmacy of their choice
How to complete your outpatient video visit
Outpatient video visit instructions
Complete your visit by following these step-by-step instructions.
To complete a video visit through your mobile device (preferred):
- MyChart app must be installed
- You must have a good connection to the internet or a 3G/4G network
- You can also use a webcam-equipped computer
Problems? Call our patient help desk at (866) 982-4278.
Download the MyChart app: