What is an e-visit?
An e-visit is a type of virtual care available for diagnosis and treatment of several very common complaints.
E-vists guide you through a detailed questionnaire, where you provide information that will either be forwarded to your primary care provider or the first available provider, based on your selection. The provider then decides on the proper course of action.
The response time on an e-visit can vary, but should be no longer than six business hours if handled by your own provider. If the Urgent Care option is used, a response can be expected within three hours when the e-visit occurs between 8 a.m. and midnight.
Conditions we can treat with an e-visit
Comprehensive e-visits are available through MyWVUChart for these conditions:
- Back pain
- Diarrhea (adult and pediatric)
- Lice (pediatric)
- Red eye (adult and pediatric)
- Ringworm (pediatric)
- Sinus issues
- Swimmer’s ear (pediatric)
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Vaginal discharge
To schedule and complete your e-visit, follow these step-by-step instructions.
- You must have a MyWVUChart account to schedule and complete an e-visit appointment.
- You will need an internet-connected computer or mobile device.
Problems? Call our patient help desk at (866) 982-4278.