WVU Medicine Occupational Medicine provides full spectrum multidisciplinary services to meet the health and safety needs of workers and employers in West Virginia and the surrounding regions.
We provide pre-placement and fitness-for-duty examinations for employees in many different industries. When workplace injuries or exposures occur, our board-certified Occupational Medicine physicians provide prompt and efficient treatment focused on getting the injured worker rapidly back to work. Assistance is provided to ensure employer compliance with federal and state regulations. We also offer employee monitoring programs to assess hearing loss, chemical exposure, and drug and alcohol testing are available.
Our occupational medicine clinic is located in the WVU Health and Education Building, which also houses urgent care, radiology, and laboratory services. We also provide on-site services for workers and employers.
Occupational Medicine Exams
- Black lung (federal)
- Chemical and environmental exposure
- DOT (CDL) by FMCSA certified medical examiners
- FAA (Class I, II and III)
- HAZMAT and ERT
- OSHA-mandated surveillance
- Police and firefighter
- Respirator clearance
- Worker’s compensation injury, illness, and treatment
- Workplace fitness-for-duty/return to work evaluations
- Breath alcohol testing
- DOT and non-DOT urine drug screen
- Hair collection drug test
- Lab collection
- Medical review officer services
- On-site flu and wellness clinics
- Quantitative respirator fit testing for elastomeric mask and N-95 respirators
- TB screening
- Vision screening