Your partner for workplace health
WVU Occupational Medicine provides multi-disciplinary services to meet the health and safety needs of workers and employers in West Virginia and the surrounding regions.
Keeping workers healthy
The Occupational Medicine clinic provides pre-placement and fitness for duty examinations for employees in many industries, including truck drivers, airplane pilots, and public safety workers. Employee monitoring programs to assess hearing loss, chemical exposure, and drug and alcohol abuse are available. Assistance is provided to ensure employer compliance with federal and state regulations.
If there is a workplace injury or exposure, our experts provide prompt and efficient treatment focused on getting the injured worker rapidly back to work.
Care for a variety of occupational injuries and diseases (plus experience in support services such as paperwork processing and communication) make our occupational medicine practice an outstanding option for treating job and environment-related medical problems.
We’re ready to go to work for you
We have clinics located in the Health and Education Building and the Physician Office Center. We provide the full spectrum of occupational and environmental medicine care. At our Evansdale location, Urgent Care; radiology, laboratory, and travel medicine services are also available on-site. We also can provide services at your company location. We have traveled throughout West Virginia and into Pennsylvania and Maryland.
WVU Occupational Medicine services include:
- HAZMAT, HAZWOPER, and ERT Exams
- Pre-Placement/Post-Offer and Annual Exams
- DOT (CDL) Exams by FMCSA Certified Medical Examiners
- Immigration exams by Civil Surgeon
- Class I, II, III FAA exams, as well as Air Traffic Controller examinations
- Federal Black Lung exams
- Police and Fire Fighters
- Workplace Fitness for Duty/ Return to work evaluations
- OSHA-mandated: Asbestos, Lead, Pesticide
- OSHA Respirator Questionnaire
- Spirometry performed by NIOSH certified technicians
- Respirator Clearance Exam
- Quantitative Fit Testing for half-masks, full-faced masks, including N-95s
- OSHA-approved video training
- Otoscope exam done prior to every audiogram
- Audiometry performed by CAOHC certified technicians
- Immediate comparison to baselines automatic retesting
- Immediate employee evaluation letters
- 30 day re-evaluation for STS
Drug Testing Programs
- DOT and Non-DOT Urine Drug screen
- Hair collection
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- MRO services
- Rapid Screens, Employment, Random, Post-accident, Reasonable Suspicion
- Health Risk Assessments
- Wellness labs and urinalysis
- TB Screenings
- Vision screening
- On-site Flu Clinics
- Injury and illness treatment and coordination with other specialty care providers
- Chemical and environmental exposure evaluations
- Blood borne pathogen prophylaxis and exposure management
- Workplace allergy skin prick testing
8 am – 4:30 pm
Closed from Noon – 1 pm
On the map, click on the icon to display all locations.
Click on a location for details.
Once you select a location, click the directions icon. Google maps opens and allows you to enter your address for door-to-door directions.
Click the view larger map icon to open directly to Google maps.