- A new patient consultation generally lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- The visit begins with a review of your medical history, including any available medical records.
- A complete physical exam is performed and may include a pelvic ultrasound in order to confirm or provide additional information.
- You may have been referred by another physician and may feel that repeating the history and physical exam is unnecessary. But, this portion of your evaluation is needed to make the appropriate diagnosis and to provide you with the best therapy plan.
- If you are seeking treatment for infertility, we encourage partners to come to the first appointment and welcome their involvement in subsequent visits.
Non-infertility return appointments will usually be scheduled in the afternoon.
Return infertility appointments are usually needed to perform specific tests or ultrasound monitoring. Our schedule for these appointments begins early, with the intent of minimizing disruption to your daily schedule.
For those who are traveling longer distances, later appointments are also available, but certain tests will need to be scheduled at specific times during the day.
It may be necessary for you to be seen on weekends or holidays. Such appointments are usually scheduled between 8 am and 10 am.