At WVU Medicine, we are strongly committed to providing care for the women of West Virginia and the surrounding region who have complicated or high-risk pregnancies. WVU Maternal-Fetal Medicine has an extensive outreach program with obstetrical consultation services serving more than 20 hospitals in the region.
Services we provide include:
- Medical disorders
- Hypertension and preeclampsia
- Heart disease
- Cancer or history of cancer
- Rheumatological and immune diseases
- Kidney disease
- Pregnancy complications
- Twins and other multiple gestations
- Preterm labor or previous preterm delivery
- Fetal growth restriction
- Fetal anomalies
- Placental abnormalities
- Pregnancy diagnostic services and procedures
- Detailed and/or targeted pregnancy and fetal ultrasonography
- Fetal blood sampling and transfusion
- Fetal shunt placement
The maternal-fetal medicine team will schedule your initial consultation or first appointment by referral. Questions? Please call 855-WVU-CARE, toll free.
Genetics counseling services include:
- Preconception counseling
- Genetic screening and counseling
- Advanced maternal age
- Counseling of patients with ultrasound or testing abnormalities
Social worker support services include:
- Counseling of patients suffering from a pregnancy loss or an abnormal diagnosis
- Counseling of patients suffering from post-partum depression
- Provides counseling for patients suffering depression and anxiety
- Domestic Abuse
- Spousal issues
- Referrals to government agencies
Our Morgantown-based maternal-fetal medicine specialists offer telemedicine consultations that may be completed at our maternity care locations. This service is also available at Reynolds Memorial Hospital and Wheeling Hospital.
Our Morgantown-based maternal-fetal medicine specialists are experts in interpreting ultrasound images. Our team reads all ultrasound images for each of our locations in our department locations in our West Virginia and Pennsylvania clinics. Telemedicine ultrasound consults are available by request.