WVU Medicine Nephrology provides expert diagnosis and treatment for kidney conditions. We offer a variety of care for your kidney health, and our outreach clinics provide many patients with treatment closer to home. WVU Medicine Nephrology is nationally recognized as a high performing specialty by US News & World Report.
Our nephrologists see more than 10,000 patients annually, and nearly half of these visits occur at one of our outreach sites located throughout the state in Fairmont, Clarksburg, Elkins, Flatwoods, Grafton, Keyser, Moorefield, Buckhannon and Summersville, and in Oakland, Maryland.
We also offer virtual visits via telemedicine at Summersville, Oakland, and Elkins locations and video visits through MyWVUChart.
Conditions We Treat
WVU Medicine Nephrology provides the most advanced care, diagnosis, and treatment for many conditions of the kidneys, including:
- Acute and chronic kidney disease
- Diabetic kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Glomerular disease or glomerulonephritis
- Blood pressure disorders
- Electrolyte disorders
- Kidney stones
Treatments and Services
We are committed to providing you with the best possible care for a wide range of kidney conditions. Our expert providers work together for your care and use the latest diagnosis and treatment methods.
Evaluation methods may include:
- Blood testing to measure kidney function and electrolytes
- Kidney biopsy
- Kidney imaging studies, such as ultrasound
- Metabolic evaluation of kidney stones
- Urine testing to check protein levels
Treatment methods may include:
- Clinic visits to monitor laboratory testing, blood pressure, and other issues
- Kidney replacement therapies, including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis
- Kidney transplant
- Medications to lower blood pressure, control blood glucose, reduce swelling, and balance cholesterol
- Education in the different options to manage end-stage kidney disease if the disease progresses