Liposuction is best known as a fat removal procedure, but it is also used to enhance to refine the results of other cosmetic procedures.
Many people have liposuction, it works well for both men and women, and it allows for detailed improvements and body contour.
The procedure works perfectly for people with localized fat deposits and have good skin tone. For people with loose, sagging skin, or who want to lose a significant amount of weight, liposuction offers only limited results.
The best candidates for liposuction include people who:
- Have excess fat deposits on their neck, chest, stomach, hips, or thighs
- Have areas that are out of proportion with the rest of their body
- Have good skin elasticity without sagging
- Are near or at their desired body weight
Liposuction removes fat cells from the body that do not grow back. The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis with several options available:
- Suction assisted liposuction
- Ultrasound assisted
With proper care, the results can last permanently. However, considerable weight gain after the surgery may change your appearance because the body and stores excess fat and other locations.