Rosenbaum Family House
Rosenbaum Family House provides a place for adult patients and their families to stay while receiving medical care at J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital. The Family House provides a warm, family-oriented environment for outpatients and guests. There is often a waiting list for Family House.
- Family House serves adult patients and their families. A patient must be 18 years of age or older to qualify for a room. Families of patients under 18 should contact the Ronald McDonald House at 304-598-0050 (complete information listed below).
- Guests wishing to stay at Family House must live 50 miles or more from Morgantown.
- Outpatients staying at Family House must have an appropriate caregiver if they cannot care for themselves.
- Family House can provide only one room per family, and no more than three people can stay in a room.
- Family House charges only $25 per night per room. It costs us $50 per night to operate a room. The balance is covered by grateful guests and generous friends of Family House.
- If you qualify, ask a hospital employee to submit an electronic referral to Family House, and you will be placed on the Family House waiting list.
- Due to the great demand for rooms, Family House usually has a waiting list. Because guests may stay at Family House as long as the patient is undergoing medical treatment at J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, we do not know when a room will be available for you and your family.
Wait List Process
As rooms become available, they are generally given to the families who have been on the waiting list the longest. Long-term outpatients are given priority, and all room assignments are made at the director’s discretion.
You are asked to check in with Family House once each day before noon to remain on the waiting list. If you fail to check in, your name will be removed from the waiting list.
Family House staff and volunteers can assist you in finding a local hotel until a room becomes available for you. Hotel discount rates range from $45-99 plus tax. Please note that discount rates and rooms are subject to availability, and you are responsible for payment of your hotel room bill.
Ronald McDonald House
Ronald McDonald House of Morgantown provides a home away from home for families of critically ill children being treated at these medical facilities:
- WVU Medicine Children’s, located on the sixth floor of J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital
- Chestnut Ridge Center
- HealthSouth Mountainview Regional Rehabilitation Hospital
Who qualifies to stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Morgantown?
Families with sick children who qualify to use the House must fall within these guidelines:
- Families with children under the age of 18.
- The patient must be receiving treatment at a Morgantown area hospital facility.
- One occupant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Families must be placed on a waiting list to be considered for admission; no reservations are accepted.
What is the cost of staying at the Ronald McDonald House of Morgantown?
There is a requested donation of $20. Payment for room stays can be made through cash, check, money order, or credit cards. However, if a family cannot afford this, they will need to speak with the manager upon arrival to the house. The manager will review the family’s situation and try to make the appropriate arrangements for accommodation. If a family has a West Virginia Medical Card, as issued by the Department of Health and Human Resources, it may cover their stay.
- Two fully-equipped kitchens with dining area
- Game room with full-size arcade games, pool table, and toys
- Two pantries stocked with nonperishable food items
- Family room complete with a big screen TV and satellite service
- Quiet living room to read or talk with friends or family
- Large deck to enjoy the outdoors
- Long-distance phone line that can be used for 20 minutes per day
Each guest bedroom comes complete with the following:
- Two twin-size beds and a roll-away twin size cot
- Nightstand with a table lamp and alarm clock
- Telephone with voicemail service
- Private bathroom with shower or bathtub
- Ceiling fan and air conditioner/heating unit
- Armoire to store clothing and extra linens
- Families may request an extra cot or a crib/bassinet if needed
For more information, call 304-598-0050.
Off-Campus Options in Morgantown
There is a large variety of lodging in Morgantown. The Morgantown Convention and Visitors Bureau provides a list of accommodations.